101-Year-Old Woman Sips 4 Drinks a Day
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
While the majority of Americans might drink four alcoholic drinks a week, one Staten Island, N.Y., lady is doing all of that in a day. But she's 101 years old, so she's good.
According to the Staten Island Advance, Nancy Lamperti turned 101 on Saturday, and her secret routine to longevity seems to involve quite a lot of booze. Says the publication, "Louis, our source, reveals that his mom’s day usually begins around 5 a.m. — with her often still insisting on making the coffee — and the beds. Her lunch consists of a small sandwich plus a banana, and two glasses of Paisano wine, that’s followed by a nap at 1 p.m. Louis adds that at 2 p.m., his mom sets the table and at 4 p.m., she indulges in a small glass of Southern Comfort, and at 6 p.m., she enjoys a can of Budweiser. At 10 p.m., she’s fast asleep."
All of that sounds particularly enjoyable (save for the making of the beds, and the seven hours of sleep. We prefer eight or nince); two glasses of wine for lunch, followed by Southern Comfort, and a Budweiser? We'll take it, maybe with some boiled Greek coffee in the morning and Roquefort cheese, just in case.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts