10 Ways to Make Food Last Longer
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
A moment of silence, please. At this time, The Daily Meal would like to take a moment to honor of the fallen food products who were victims of time, neglect, and poor storage. From the mold-riddled fruits in the back of the fridge to the milk so sour it makes your stomach turn, this one is for you.
It’s happened to all of us. You’ve had big ambitions to make that over-the-top meal and then you got sidetracked… and then sidetracked again… Only to remember your failed plans when you spot a few ingredients decaying in bottom drawer of your refrigerator.
In all seriousness, wasting food is a shame and can be easily avoided — plus, it will save you money in the long run.
The good news is that there are everyday grocery tips and tricks you can utilize to prolong the life of your refrigerator’s contents. The better news is that you already have most of the tools you'll need to preserve your groceries, you just have to think outside the box.
Paper towels, your freezer, and even your Tupperware can save a product from reaching the bottom of the trash bin before its time.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts