10 Sustainable Epicurean Experiences in British Columbia
Recipe of the day
- Culinary and Golf Extravaganza Coming to Prestigious Riviera Nayarit
- World’s 30 Best Ice Cream Parlors
- 10 International Restaurants with Amazing Architecture
- The World's Toughest Tables: 9 Restaurants That Are Almost Impossible to Get Into
- 6 Outrageous Hot Dogs That Are Totally Normal Somewhere Else
Harvesting sustainable food is a growing trend for farmers, restaurants, and purveyors of fine food. Evidence of the sustainable food movement is abundant in British Columbia, where travelers can have a fully sustainable gastronomic getaway.
We're not just talking about restaurants serving good food with organic ingredients, but actual epicurean experiences, from making organic chocolates at La Petite Souris to dining at Diva at the Met, one of Vancouver's most avant-garde eateries, to touring Target Marine Hatcheries, a sustainable caviar plant.
Using Vancouver as a starting point, many of these sustainable epicurean experiences are within two hours’ drive or bus ride from the city, well worth a visit once you have ventured sufficiently around town.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts