10 "Session" Beers to Drink on Super Bowl Sunday
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
The Super Bowl is at least a four-hour event which calls for a "session" beer. Session beers are defined by the amount of time you can spend drinking them and are beers that are moderate in strength. The following is a list of 10 sessionable beers that will do quite well on Super Bowl Sunday.
1. Miller High Life: A simple American standard lager.
2. Reissdorf Kölsch: A delicate, high-end hybrid from Cologne, Germany.
3. Blue Point Toasted Lager: Toasty and quenching but so drinkable.
4. Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager: More hoppy and a bit sweeter than the Blue Point Toasted Lager.
5. Palm Belgian Pale Ale: A simple, straightforward Belgian session ale.
6. Allagash White Ale: Light, quenching, and super sessionable.
7. Radeberger Pilsner: Dry, crisp, and classically golden.
8. Guinness Dry Stout: 125 calories for a 12-ounce can that is 4.2% alcohol by volume while still full-flavored.
9. Victory Prima Pils: Snappy, hoppy, and All-American from Pennsylvania.
10. Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale: Smooth and round with very approachable roast and fruit.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts