10 "Session" Beers to Drink on Super Bowl Sunday
Beer expert Samuel Merritt's picks for brews to enjoy during the big game.
Today on The Daily Meal
The Super Bowl is at least a four-hour event which calls for a "session" beer. Session beers are defined by the amount of time you can spend drinking them and are beers that are moderate in strength. The following is a list of 10 sessionable beers that will do quite well on Super Bowl Sunday.
1. Miller High Life: A simple American standard lager.
2. Reissdorf Kölsch: A delicate, high-end hybrid from Cologne, Germany.
3. Blue Point Toasted Lager: Toasty and quenching but so drinkable.
4. Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager: More hoppy and a bit sweeter than the Blue Point Toasted Lager.
5. Palm Belgian Pale Ale: A simple, straightforward Belgian session ale.
6. Allagash White Ale: Light, quenching, and super sessionable.
7. Radeberger Pilsner: Dry, crisp, and classically golden.
8. Guinness Dry Stout: 125 calories for a 12-ounce can that is 4.2% alcohol by volume while still full-flavored.
9. Victory Prima Pils: Snappy, hoppy, and All-American from Pennsylvania.
10. Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale: Smooth and round with very approachable roast and fruit.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).