10 Incredible Food Sculptures
Recipe of the day
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
- Capital One Is Opening a Café Concept with Mobile Tellers in New York City’s Union Square
- On Reopening Day, Shake Shack’s ParkBurger, Shack Phoenix Beer Draw an Eager Crowd
When it comes to artistic ingenuity, presenting a beautifully crafted plate food is a source of pride for many chefs. While they certainly are artists in their own right, we’ve found examples of edible creations that take the concept of art as food to a new level.
From a model of the White House made of chocolate to a still life crafted with cheese, the innovation behind these culinary compositions is extreme. Going beyond creating sculptures out of the ingredients themselves, some people create huge structures out of food containers.
Canstruction is an organization dedicated to harnessing the talent of canned-food sculptors and aspiring artists to fight against world hunger. Prepare to be dazzled by these innovative approaches to food artistry.
2010 Canstruction Competition, hosted by Expedia
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts