10 European Fast Food Chains You'll Have to Travel to Enjoy
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Whether it’s a good or a bad thing, America leads the world when it comes to fast-food chains. There are more homegrown franchises here than anywhere else. But that doesn’t mean that other countries can’t take a bite out of the global fast-food industry.
Although you’ll see a lot of McDonald’s, KFCs, and Starbucks in Europe, and all over the world, there are still several successful European fast-food chains that can’t be found in America.
From Spain to Norway to Russia, there are many fast-food restaurants such as Telepizza (which features pizzas with strange toppings such as corn and tuna), and Teremok (which serves blinis, pancakes made from buckwheat flour served with sour cream) that locals love, perhaps even more than our beloved American chains.
If you find yourself at one of these chains the next time that you’re in Europe, expect European tastes with an American-style service twist. After all, since you can’t get it in the States, it’s still a cultural experience.
Check out our slideshow to see some of the most unique European chains!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts