10 Drinking Apps You Need
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
There are countless apps for just about everything these days — so many that our head is spinning and we need a good stiff drink. Good thing our smartphones can point us in the right direction for the best beer, wine, cocktail, or coffee.
Likewise, there are a million drinking apps that can cause even more of a headache, which is why we've sought out the essential drinking apps that everyone should be using. Of course, we found lots of runner-ups: cocktail encyclopedias, beer dictionaries, and wine hunters. [slideshow: (We even like the apps that remind us to drink more water — because that too is an important drink.) But what made these apps stand out was their easy-to-use interfaces, databases with more than enough cocktails, and social interactivity. Consider these the answer to your Foodspotting and Yelp needs, only for drinks.
Whether you're in need of a good beer to buy in stores, a new drink recipe to replicate at home, or a wine to go with your dinner, there are more than enough apps to meet your needs. Click ahead to find The Daily Meal's picks.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts